Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."  Author Unknown

One year ago today in far away China our family was born.  Matt and I became first time parents to a little girl who was Heaven sent. 
 Lily Grace has blessed our lives in the most amazing ways.  She is a constant reminder of God's grace.  
It's very hard to believe that it has been one year since we held Lily Grace for the first time.  She is growing so fast and if only time could stand still every now and then, what a blessing that would be.  
As this special day was approaching, we found ourselves reflecting and we can't do that without an enormous sense of
 gratefulness.  
 Here in the states it was the early hours of the morning that we became a family and in China it was late afternoon.  One thing remains the same both there and here. We will celebrate today just as we did one year ago- together, as a family.
Thank you again to everyone who followed our journey.  We were, are and will always be thankful and blessed by all of you.



10 comments:

Gretchen said...

I wasn't prepared to cry like a baby this morning, but how sweet that video was! How so much can happen in a year!!! Claire was waving at Lily's picture the whole video!
Love,Gretchen

cook2china said...

Thanks so much for sharing your video. Hard to believe that we've already had the girls a year. What a blessing they are in our lives. We enjoyed sharing our trip with you. Please call if you ever come our way.
The Cook family,
Jeff, Ginger, Caleb & Emma Grace (adopted the same day as Lily Grace)

Scot Levandoski said...

I sure do miss you guys! Kathy and I talk often about you and Lily's Southern sister! I can't help thinking that Lily Grace is the luckiest girl in the world and so are her parents. We love you guys!

P.S. I couldn't help but notice the great camera work when they were handing Lily Grace to you. I forgot how crazy that was until I heard all the crying:)

VEL EVERETT said...

I can not believe a year has pasted. Time goes by so quickly, every day is special! I am so very proud to be Lily Graces Aunt. She is very special to me. I remember watching the video when I came and visited. Makes me cry tears of joy. Love to all, Vel

aunt kathy said...

I have never been so touched in my life. I love having been part of your journey. I cannot believe that it has been a year. Your family is wonderful and blessed. I love watching you take lily in your arms. I get chills every time I see this clip. Your family is so beautiful and you guys are wonderful wonderful parents! I love you guys more than you will ever know. God lives in your heart and it is visible through your daughter.
much love aunt Kathy

Kathy said...

Hey guys! Happy Gotcha Day!! We've been thinking of you often lately. Your video is incredible! Tears came quickly! What an amazing day that was. We need to talk soon...we miss you!! Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Time flies. I can't believe that it has been a whole year! Thank you for sharing your Gotcha Day clip with us- it is precious! May God bless your family for many more years to come! Know that you are always in our prayers. We love you!
Angie Kee & the boys

Sonya Spencer-Kee said...

Barb,
I miss seeing your smiling face everyday. When I watched the video and pictures it brought tears to my eyes again. Lily Grace is so happy. She has to happy parents also. I can tell you are happy from your smiling face. Keep us posted on pictures as she grows. The blessings will keep coming.
Love Ya! & Miss Ya!
Sonya Spencer-Kee

Ashley said...

Love it!!
That is sooo precious! What great memories from the past year! Love ya!
Ashley

sherriffmom said...

Thank you so much for sharring your memories with us! We feel truly honored to be included. It is amazing how much your heart can grow when you are blessed with a precious little one. The happiness is so evident ia ll three of your faces. We know that your joy will only continue to grow!
Love, Seab, Cristine, Graysen, Jaxson, Tennyson & Emerson Thomas
P.S. We loved the video! Mom cried all the way through.)