Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Always Thinking

Each morning as Lily Grace wakes, you can hear her laying in bed talking to herself.   Lately, she has really been into counting.  You are never quite certain how far she is going to go, as the clap and "yeah" will let you know she is finished.   This morning I overheard her counting several times and I thought I would try to capture it.  Did I mention that she is in the 'I don't like to perform" stage?  Thank goodness she is a happy riser. 
Not to push my luck, I asked her to share colors from one of her favorite books.  Of course each color is initially red because it's her favorite. ( Do you know how much red is in Target during a shopping trip???)  I am happy to say that pink is running a close second among the favorites but, it's hearing her say purple that really tickles Matt and I. 
It's little moments like this that remind you how much Lily Grace has grown.  It also tugs at your heart a little too.  You are also reminded of just how fast she is growing and evolving.  Her vocabulary is really starting to explode and to think that she heard only Chinese for the first  nine months of her little life make it even more the milestone.
With any luck, I will be back to post  her retelling one of her story books, with expression and all.  Too cute!

                   123....Numbers...456


                    C OLORS

No comments: