Over this past weekend, we attended mass at a new church. And let me just preface what I am about to tell by saying that Lily Grace attends mass each Sunday and as always, the communion gifts are led to the altar by an altar server carrying the crucifix.
So where you may be asking does the plus sign fit in this story? Well, as the gifts were being led up to the altar, Lily Grace is sitting in Matt's lap and we both notice her lean over to look down the isle. Matt whispers to her, "What do you see?" Her response in a not so quiet voice and a big smile, "the plus sign." Matt and I almost lost it. It took all we could do to keep from rolling out in the isle. We both realized that she was looking at the crucifix. It was such a cute and honest response. I have to imagine that even God couldn't help but smile at that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment