Thursday, September 11, 2008

Say Ahhhhhhh!










Lily Grace made her first visit to the dentist today.  She did an AWESOME job!   Leading up to today's visit, we talked a lot about what to expect and we even practiced.  I think I was much more nervous than Lily Grace.
She walked right in, posed for a picture and made herself comfortable as she waited for her name to be called.  Once back, she was in awe of everything.  As you can see, she didn't even need mommy to sit in the chair with her for the first time.  She was a big girl right from the start.  Miss Jennifer, the dental hygienist was amazing and Lily Grace adored her.  She was so thoughtful and took her time, giving Lily Grace special attention without overwhelming her.  She can even make balloon animals! :-)
Lily Grace sat and loved having her teeth counted, polished and flossed.  And oh yes, apparently they have the best water in the world.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the little white cup.  Lily Grace wore her gloves just like Miss Jennifer the entire time, even adorning them with a beautiful diamond stunner that she selected from the prize wall at the end of her visit.
Dr. Josh was equally wonderful and says that Lily's teeth looked great.  I am happy to report no stains or cavities.  Oh!  And 3 that's right 3 of her two year molars are breaking through.  
We couldn't have asked for a better first visit.  It was quite precious and a cherished memory made.  It was after all  another of her "firsts" moments and while I look on with pride, I am still easily filled with that little tug on my heart that reminds me how quickly these "firsts" are occurring.  
To end her big girl day, we enjoyed lunch out and enjoyed a little girl talk.  

No comments: