Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Big News

choices, choices, choices

Just as the pediatrician and friends said it would, it just clicked.  Lily Grace decided it was time to use the potty.  We have given up the diapers for big girl panties.  (Elmo being the panty of choice)  She is so proud of herself.  She can often be heard shouting "potty, potty" and off she goes to the bathroom.  I was nervous about our first day out in big girl panties,  but she acted like a pro.  In the middle of dancing and singing at music class, she told me she had to go potty and acted as if we had done it a hundred times.  Getting one M&M after a  successful trip to the potty never hurts either.  And getting to choose which pair of panties to wear is equally exciting to her.
Matt and I are so proud of her.  I can't believe I'm about to say this, but a part of me misses changing her little diapers.  Not to worry though, when I'm missing those diaper days, I'm sure she will have an accident or two along the way to remind me of what it was like.  She is still learning and at the same time becoming our big girl.  

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a big girl!!!! That looks like a great panty collection she has there! Oh yes, beware you will have those accident days! Just don't let her she you throw Elmo away when it is REALLY bad! HA!!