Friday, June 18, 2010

The Five Days of Father's Day! Day: 3




Ta-Daa!!!

As you may have read, part of yesterday's surprise involved cupcakes for dessert last night. While sitting at the table eating dessert, Lily Grace informs us that after Father's Day it's going to be "Kids Day." Too funny! According to her, we've had Mother's Day and now Father's Day and so she's ready for Kid's Day. Apparently she has been giving it some thought. Matt asked her what she wanted/expected for Kid's Day and she wasted no time rolling off a list. It was just the cutest. Matt and I laughed so hard. (She can often cause us to do that.)
Well, we survived bathing Darby only to wake today to complete surprise number 3. So here it is:
Day 3: I think the pictures say it all. Daddy while you are at work, I mowed all the lawn for you. And yes people, that's a push mower. Every year I ask Matt why he doesn't get a riding mower to save time and work with such a big yard. His answer is always the same telling me that God gave him two legs and he should use them. Besides he says, it's good exercise and he gets in some good "think time." Now Matt, I agree with you and I too got in some good think time and here's a few thoughts for you on this push mower approach:

1. It's HOT!! We live in the south remember?
2. Our backyard is big and has a slope at the bottom.
3. It's HOT!!
4. I bet you could cut that 2 hours of cutting time down with a riding mower.
5. A riding mower would at least give you a place to put a bottle of water, an ipod (too much think time out there just leads to boredom which leads to counting the minutes or passes when that job will be over and a little extra sunscreen because I know I sweated that stuff off in the first 10minutes.
6. With a riding mower, you could get one of those that holds two bags and that would mean less dumping. Amen to that!!!
7. At least fix the self-propel on this thing! (That's right! It's a true push mower)
8. It's sooooo hot! And did I mention humid??
9. If you won't get a riding mower, how about a swimming pool? That would mean less grass to mow.
10. But most importantly..... IT'S DONE! Enjoy daddy!

That now makes 3 of your major weekend jobs complete. So on Saturday, instead of mowing the lawn, just go out and enjoy it. We love you daddy!!!

P.S. I think it's time for you to fertilize. :-)

No comments: