We have made it to Day 5. Whew!!! We have been quite busy and more than happy to do it all for you daddy. You really are an amazing dad. We love you very much and again, thank you for what you do for us so that Lily Grace and I can enjoy each week together. You are a wonderful husband, provider and daddy.
Now on to my favorite surprise. By far his best gift (and we both agree) is this picture that Lily Grace did for him. She put so much time and effort into this picture. I initially suggested that she draw a picture of she and daddy, but she had other ideas and wanted to do the whole family, right down to Darby. Even sweeter!! We sat and talked together about what colors she might use and which shapes could be used to draw the pictures she was unsure of. Other than that, she drew and colored all of it herself. She drew it on an unprimed artist canvas with Crayola crayons. She signed her name and the year with a black Sharpie.
It is so adorable and it melts me each time I look at it. Matt is quite proud of it. He just grinned from ear to ear and kept looking at me to say how cute and special it was. She was so excited to give it to him and very proud of her work. She drew it for him to hang in his office. I must admit that I would love to keep it at home. It really is one of those things that you save and cherish always. Her daddy seems pretty proud and excited to show it off. Why not? After all, his little girl did it for him.
Matt, we have had so much fun these past five days and we hope you have enjoyed them as well and felt a little extra special each day. We happen to think that you are. So, I will end with a few words from Lily Grace about her daddy. I asked her to tell me about you and here is what she had to say.
*He is cute.
*He likes to play blocks with me.
*He likes to eat Mommy Macaroni.
*I love him because he does a good job and he hugs me.
*I love him way much like a star in the night.
Happy Father's Day Matt! We think the world of you!
*He likes to play blocks with me.
*He likes to eat Mommy Macaroni.
*I love him because he does a good job and he hugs me.
*I love him way much like a star in the night.
Happy Father's Day Matt! We think the world of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment