Sunday, September 26, 2010

Disney on Ice

First picture upon arrival

Just look at that expression as she gets ready for her first bite of blue cotton candy

Look at all those princesses!


The Finale

Still excited on the way home (hmmm...could have been the cotton candy)

Saturday night we took Lily Grace to see Disney on Ice. It was the first time she had been and needless to say, she has been very excited. She really had no idea what to expect, but I think it is safe to say, it far exceeded what she may have imagined.
The show opened with one of her favorite characters, the Candlestick from Beauty and the Beast. Between the excitement, music and especially seeing the expression on her face when he came out, I immediately broke into tears. Let me just say, that during my breakdown I missed getting a picture of the Candlestick and Matt has yet to let me forget that, especially since Lily Grace asked in the car if I got it. HA! All of her favorite princesses were there as well and it melted me at how she believed they were waving right at her. She clapped and squealed the entire show.
Not only were there characters, music, special lighting, awesome props, there was also something else......COTTON CANDY. That's right! Lily Grace got her first taste of cotton candy and loved it! She even got to have a little on the way home too. I know.... I still can't believe it myself. Lily Grace was actually allowed cotton candy at 8:00 pm. HA! HA! And let's not forget the EARS. She wore those things with such pride the entire show and actually wore them all day today with the exception of church. And yes, she did ask. Just too cute!!!!
What a wonderful way to spend an evening together. Thanks for letting Daddy and I tag along Lily Grace. We had fun!! (However, last night on the way home Matt went on and on about how loud it was in there. Then this morning we sat down for breakfast only to hear him declare that he is "officially" really old because he still doesn't think his hearing is right. Well at least he only declared himself old. HA! HA!)

No comments: