Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkins, pumpkins and.......Goofy too!














Saturday we took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. This year's trip was a little different. Lily Grace asked her friend Claire to go with us.
The weather was perfect!! Those girls kept Matt and I entertained from the moment we got both of them in the car for the 45 minute drive. It was just like two little old ladies back there chatting away. Their conversation was so funny and much of it revolved around way back when they were babies, you know, a whole 4 years ago. HA! HA! Too cute!
Once at the farm, we enjoyed riding horses, feeding several animals, a train ride, playing in the hay and a picnic lunch by the lake. And of course, we rounded out the trip with a hayride back to the pumpkin patch.
Back home the girls carried the fun (and their energy) out back to play on the swing set while I made homemade Banana-Blueberry Muffins for snack. Needless to say, Darby was enjoying every moment of having two girls running around the yard.
On Sunday, Matt and Lily Grace got busy with carving. Now I must admit that in writing this post, I almost feel like I should have a special "Ode to the Pumpkin" post rather than just lumping it in to this one. You see, for the past 3 years, Matt and Lily Grace have decided on a face made up of simple circles, triangles etc... Well this year, thanks to a weekly visit to Target with hours of browsing, I found a stencil set of Disney characters. I couldn't wait to show Lily Grace. She was really excited and gave Matt the task of doing one of the stencils. Lily Grace chose Goofy. Did I happen to mention, how many little intricate cuts made up Goofy's face? Did I also mention that you have to punch this stencil on before you can even begin cutting? Well, don't worry because I am sure that Matt would be more than willing to tell you about how he went about doing that for about 2 hours. Matt worked on that thing so long that Lily Grace and I broke out the muffins and milk and set about doing other things. And there was daddy, humped over the table, little poker and tiny saw in hand, just carving away. HA! All the hard work paid off though, our Goofy pumpkin looks awesome and it's the best yet daddy. Thanks so much!! We love you!! I'm so proud to be married to "that kind of dad." The kind that will do whatever to put a smile on your face and spend time making his little girl feel like she is the only person in the world. You are a blessing!
Happy Fall to All!

No comments: